State Executive Committee meets
The Mississippi Democratic Executive Committee met on March 3 in Jackson. The meeting was well attended and productive. Thanks to all the members whose presence there demonstrated the vitality of the party.
Photos courtesy of Kelly Jacobs
Hamer-Winter Dinner Highlights
Rousing speeches, honors, food and fellowship fill annual banquet in Brandon. Sen. Doug Jones (D-Alabama) details his historic victory.
Have any Democratic images you wish to share?
Any Mississippi group affiliated with our state party is welcome to submit images of their events. However, space limitations and time require us to set a few guidelines to do so. They are as follows:
- All images must be in the jpg format no larger than 8x10 and at a 72 dpi resolution.
- Due to space and time limitations, we cannot accept more than 5 images per event, so choose your best.
- All images must be accompanied by complete identification of those pictured along with a brief general description of the event.
- The images will be posted within three to five days after receipt.
- In order to maintain neutrality in the primary, we cannot post images of individual party candidates campaigning except those facing no primary challenges. However, all candidates are welcome to submit notices of upcoming campaign events on our calendar. Information on how do it can be found on our Y'all Come page.
- If you have any questions, please e-mail David Rushing, website manager
Come on in
This is where it all begins and all else follows. They are the engine of the party. Our ranks are open to everyone. Learn about your local Democratic party, how you can help and how you can join.
As goes our youth, so goes our future. The Mississippi Democratic party is committed to identifying, encouraging and supporting youth involvement at all levels. Join them in their most important work.
Mississippi Democrats have a long, strong tradition of dedicated local leadership. Committed, diverse and with roots deep in their communities, county committees form the backbone of our party.
We all know that women do all the work that really counts and that's especially true in the Democratic Party. The Mississippi Federation of Democratic Women is essential to or commitment to maintaining and advancing women's rights as well as those of every one.
We elect these women and men starting at the grass roots level to be our out-front torch bearers. Composed of working people, retirees and professionals, our leadership is direct evidence of the dynamic diversity of our party.
These life-long, committed, Democrats stick with us even if the levees break. They fill the sand bags and tote them to the crevasse not only by generous donations but by reliable and invaluable volunteerism. They and other affiliate groups help us keep the furrows straight.